This is a two year vacation course leading to the Degree of Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in the faculty of Commerce.
The course is particularly useful to those who desire
- To conduct research work either at postgraduate level,or at doctorate level.
- To write project reports, or
- To grasp research techniques to arrive at sound conclusions, or
- To undertake survey works, or
- To apply general rules in actual field experience, or
- To develop analytical ability to criticize published work, or
- To accelerate creativity in individuals in the fields of business, economics and other social sciences
This course is beneficial to those who wish to join teaching profession or those who are already in teaching profession. Eligibility Includes
- Passed the M. Com. with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the subjects comprised in the Faculty concerned of the University or any other Examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto and good academic record : Provided that candidates who are teachers in the University shall be given preference for admission to the course: Provided further that the condition of Master's Degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade and good academic record may be relaxed for those who are already recognized as University or College teachers, and the conditions of at least 55% marks at Master's Degree or its equivalent grade in the subjects comprised in the faculty concerned of the University or any other examinations thereto, shall be relaxable from 55% to 50% marks at the Master's Level for the SC / ST category candidates.
Prosecuted a regular vacation full time ourse of approximately 180 periods of 45 minutes each distributed as under -
- i) 3 Weeks in Winter Vacation (First Term)
- ii) 6 Weeks in Summer Vacation after the First Term (Second Term)
- iii) 3 Weeks in the Winter Vacation after the Second Term (Third Term)
- iv) 6 Weeks in the Summer Vacation afte the Third Term (Fouth Term)
The medium of instruction shall be English. Examinees shall have option to write their answers through Marathi, Hindi, or English medium. A candidate may opt to write his dissertation in any of three medium - Marathi, Hindi, or English.